As I planned for the year I really wanted to have some completed garments this year, specifically sweaters. I had a list of items I’ve been wanting to make – the first pattern is called Shift of Focus. It’s sort of a swing style/cardigan sort of sweater. It has really interesting shaping which is part of the reason I liked it so much.
In order to make this sweater, I needed a pretty sport yarn. I ordered Blue Moon Fiber’s BFL Sport in “In the Navy” color way which is a pretty kettle dyed looking blue. All that background aside, I finally started the sweater today. The sweater is all garter stitch with lots of short rows for the interesting shaping. It’s going along well and my plan is to try and do as much as I can in the next 3-4 week so to see if I can finish by my birthday – this is a stretch goal, but if I can figure out how much knitting I need per day perhaps I can make it. Pictures to come later!
So part of my goals for 2013 is to make more accessory bags, totes, etc. I will try to do at least one per month as I set aside time to sew and work on quilt blocks. I have a ton of excess fabric that was given to me by another friend and I would like to use as much of that up as I can. It’ll be awhile, but today, I have completed my first bag. It’s reversible with a pocket on the “inside.”
I got a good chuckle this morning by looking back at my goals. I guess I should have made a point to look back at the list occasionally to stay on track.
Here is 2012:
1. Complete the Learn to Knit Afghan (63 total squares, 4 done so far) – More squares done, but no where near finished
2. Make at least 6 pair of socks – NO SOCKS! However I did complete more than 6 shawls/cowls so I think that is an adequate substitute
3. Stash bust!!!! This I actually did, but I also acquired some.
4. Make significant progress/finish the Sock Yarn Blankie, need approx 542 more squares – progress made, but not much
5. Make 2 more Dipped Infinity kits, Secret Garden and Find me a River – This was attempted on both they were half done, but had yarn yardage probs so they were frogged
6. Finish 5 WIPS: February Lady Sweater, Tank, BOM Afghan, CPH, Lia Sweater (sleeves) – progress made on BOM and one sock WIP was completed but nothing else
7. Read 20 books including rest of Harry Potter – did read more than 20 books however, not the rest of HP YET.
8. Spin more – spun some, but not as much as I wanted
So I had 8 major goals and less than half finished – not sure what that says about me, except perhaps, I’m really not as organized as I could be. Organization is one of my key plans for 2013, so if I can continue the way I start, my 2013 list might actually see completion. I hope to post more so that I can keep myself accountable and make progress.
first block from the Sugar Block Club
I’m determined to GET more done in 2013. I will need to figure out a way to do this, but it all starts with a goal – actually goalS. So I’ve made a list that is quite lofty, maybe these are a stretch, but if I can make myself accountable and stay on task, I think it is a definite possibility to finish these items. Some of them are lengthy, but not hard, it just requires the power of stick-to-itiveness. Ok with that ramble over – here is my list.
Craft Goals 2013
Make 6 sweaters/cardigans
Finish Elysium, Summer Wave Tank and Lia
Make 6 Shawls/Wraps
- Juneberry Triangle
- Glacier Sweep
- Guernsey Wrap
Maybe – Leaves of Grass
Finish Girasole, Wayfarer, Trapeze, Purple D, Taygete
- Sugar BOM – stay on track
- Finish Craftsy BOM
- Make more accessory bags, totes and change purses (try for 1/month)
1. Paint more
2. Take better pictures, more often!